These terms and conditions apply to all wines, spirits or other goods or services supplied by Philglas & Swiggot to you. Philglas & Swiggot is a trading name of Philglas & Swiggot Limited (company number 4654163, VAT Number: 843254826) whose registered office address is at 21 Northcote Road, Battersea SW11 1NG
18 Years or Older
You must be 18 years of age or older to visit our website and/or purchase any product from us. If you are younger than 18 years of age you must leave this website immediately.
Our contract with you
Your order is an offer to buy from us. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until we accept your order and in the case of wines and goods to be delivered to you, when we actually despatch the goods to you. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the goods or services to you without giving any reason. At the moment we accept your order, or in the case of delivery of goods, when the goods are despatched, a contract will be made between you and us.
All wines and spirits or other goods ordered remain the property of Philglas & Swiggot Ltd until payment is received in full.
Deliveries are carried out between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday within 5 working days from receipt of order. Deliveries are made using couriers who will require a signature. If they are unable to deliver to you, a card will be left with a phone number to call to arrange another delivery day can be arranged.
We reserve the right to charge for re-delivery of orders that have not been completed due to incorrect address information being supplied by the customer. Whilst we make every effort to deliver all your goods in the agreed time, we will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control.
Receipt of Goods Deliveries should be signed for as `Not Examined' and you should inspect the goods as soon as possible and notify us immediately of breakages or wine shortages. We are unable to guarantee credit or replacements unless we are notified within 14 days of delivery of the order. Please be aware that multi-case orders can become separated. If you do not receive the balance of your order within 3 working days of the first delivery please contact us. Standard UK deliveries should arrive within 1 day of collection from our store. Contact us on +44 (0) 207 402 0002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Description & Prices
The description and prices payable for the items that you order are clearly set out on our website. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to provide that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item concerned or, in the case where we are not despatching an item, within 2 working days of our acceptance of your order and we may cancel your order provided we refund you any payments you have made. You may agree to pay the correct price, in which case we will proceed with your order. In the unlikely event that an item has been over-charged, a full refund of the difference will be given. We reserve the right to change our prices. Please refer to our website for all current prices. Prices listed for wines are quoted per bottle and per case, unless otherwise stated and include VAT (currently at 20%).
Voucher Code, Promotion Code & Sale Terms and Conditions
* Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed online and aren't available for pick up in store.
* Promotion codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with Philglas and Swiggot
* Philglas and Swiggot reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
* Promotion codes are only valid on specific products while stocks last and may be withdrawn at any time.
* Only one promotion code can be used per order.
* Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items.
* In the event of product returns, refunds will be given for cash used in the original purchase once the discount is applied, less any shipping, for the cash component of the original order.
* In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping, gift wrap or gift card costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return - you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
* In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the promotion code will be deemed to be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any delivery or gift box costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer.
* In the event of any returns meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, Philglas and Swiggot reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
* Free delivery offers apply to UK standard delivery only.
* Philglas and Swiggot reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
We are committed to providing our customers with an unsurpassed level of service and are equally committed to ensuring we provide a safe and legal product. If a wine is corked or faulty we will offer a replacement or credit on the return of the bottle in question within 2 weeks of sale of the wine. If a wine has been kept too long or stored inappropriately, we may not be able to offer a refund. If you believe a wine to be faulty please contact us on 020 7402 0002 or email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
Refunds & Returns Policy
If you would like to return or exchange your order you have 30 days from the day you receive your order to do so.
If you decide to return or exchange please first contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 7924 4494 to let us know that this is your intention an how you wish to do your return.
Orders can be returned either to our store on Northcote Road or New Quebec Street (customers will have to cover delivery fee).
Returned goods must be in resaleable condition with labels intact. When returning a set of products eg. a mixed case or gift box, all products must be present with the set complete. When posting returns, suitable packaging must be used to ensure safe delivery. We suggest you retain your original delivery packing for this purpose.
In the unfortunate case of goods being faulty or damaged in transit, Philglas & Swiggot offer the choice of either a replacement or a full refund including any postage costs incurred. Please contact us directly and immediately by phone 020 7924 4494 or email email@example.com and we'll take care of everything.
Please note if you do return your order your loyalty points will also be deducted from your loyalty account for that purchase.
Exchange of Gifts
We are only able to accept returned gifts by the purchaser with relevant sales receipt and within 1 month of purchase. We are not able to exchange gifts on request of the recipient of the gift, except for reasons of quality control.
All wines and spirits and other goods are subject to availability. When selecting the wines or other goods for our website, we try to ensure that they will remain available for a reasonable period of time. As we tend to sell wines from small, top quality producers, some items will inevitably go out of stock and we therefore reserve the right to select and deliver to you a substitute (of equal or higher value) to the wine you have ordered, to avoid delay in the delivery of orders. If we are unable to supply a particular item, or do not supply a substitute, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item.
Please note our gift vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of issue. Gift vouchers do not have a monetary value and are not refundable. There is no given change when a gift voucher is used. You do not have the right to get change when you use a gift voucher unless the voucher's terms specifically state that change will be given.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes your statutory rights as a consumer. These terms and conditions are subject to amendment - please refer to our website at www.philglas-swiggot.com terms for the latest version.