FREE DELIVERIES ON ORDERS OVER £100 or CLICK AND COLLECT

Pierre Peters

Champagne Pierre Peters Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru NV

Champagne Collection by Philglas & Swiggot

  • Size: 750ml
  • Vintage: NV
  • Style: Blanc de Blanc
  • Quality: Grand Cru, Brut
  • ABV: 12%
  • Origin: Le Mesnil sur Oger / Champagne / France
  • Grapes: 100% Chardonnay 

Description

Pierre Peters is a grower Champagne with 19 hectares of vineyards in the Côte de Blancs. Based in the famed village of Le Mesnil sur Oger, the family has been making Champagne for 6 generations and Grand Cru Blanc des Blancs since 1919. They are a genuine Chardonnay specialist with 100% of their vineyards dedicated to this grape. Their plots sit amongst the greatest Grand Cru villages of Champagne - Avize, Les Mesnil sur Oger, Cramant and Oger.

This new cuvée was produced in 2019 and its the first time we've had the wine. The Grande Réserve, as the name suggests, comprises an astonishing 100% reserve wine sourced from the four Grand Cru villages of Le Mesnil, Avize, Cramant and Oger. Reserve wine from the 2016 vintage makes up 80% of the blend, with the other 20% coming from the perpetual solera founded in 1988 (utilising wine from stainless steel, a sole oak cask and a concrete vessel). Once blended it is aged for 42 months on lees. The Grande Réserve has immenses power and complexity and has a fabulous mouth-filling texture for a blanc de blanc. Of all the wines this makes the best food companion, capable of matching more flavoursome courses. Dosage is 5 g/l.

Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out