We would love you to join our mailing list

Receive the latest product news and offers direct to your inbox

Close
s

Abbotts & Delaunay

Domaine de la Métairie d’Alon Pinot Noir 2014

£16.95

Domaine de la Métairie d’Alon Pinot Noir 2014

Abbotts & Delaunay

Domaine de la Métairie d’Alon Pinot Noir 2014

£16.95

 Free UK delivery over £175 (Delivery Info)

Domaine de la Métairie d’Alon is a 25-hectare estate planted with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines, located in a mountainous area around the village of Magrie, between Limoux and Roquetaillade, in the Languedoc’s Haute Vallée de l’Aude. It is composed of exceptional terroirs devoted to the production of high-end Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines, crafted from organically grown, handpicked grapes.

This wine is cultivated on plots situated at an altitude of 400m where the grapes benefit from fresh night temperatures and sunny days. 60% of the wine was aged in stainless steel at relatively low temperatures for 9 months. The remaining 40% of the wine was aged in 3 and 4-year-old barrels for 6 months.

Beautiful cherry red in colour. Lovely nose redolent of red berries. Floral notes of peony and rose with a touch of ginger and cherry. Very fresh yet round on the palate evoking a touch of liquorice and white pepper. Full of freshness, elegance and finesse, this wine is long, balanced and exhibits real typicity inherent to the Pinot Noir grape as one would find in a red Burgundy, but at a fraction of the price.

  • Size: 750ml
  • Vintage: 2014
  • Origin: Languedoc / France
  • Grapes: Pinot Noir