Champagne Jacquesson Cuvée 745

Champagne Collection by Philglas & Swiggot

  • Size: 750ml
  • Vintage: N/V
  • ABV: 12.5%
  • Origin: Champagne / France
  • Grapes: Pinot Noir / Pinot Meunier / Chardonnay


Voted the third best of all Champagne Houses (after Bollinger and Krug) in 2005 La Revue Des Vins De France, Jacquesson has really come of age. Based in the evocatively named town of Dizy, just to the north of Epernay, the House is run by the Chiquet brothers (cousins of our own Gaston Chiquet). The brothers are long-term advocates of the modish philosophy of zero dosage: this is put to the test in extremis with the equally modish move to release late disgorged cuvées: the juxtaposition of minimal sugar and extended lees ageing has produced these, some of the purest and most poised of all Champagnes, showing at their very best in magnum of course! The house philosophy of releasing a clearly categorised Brut NV persists therefore, somewhat at odds with the historical precedent in the region which deliberately declines specifically to equate a batch with a certain vintage. Jacquesson's policy of so doing, albeit tangentially, is both a reflection of their adherence to the values of terroir and vintage diversity and a self-belief which over-rides any of the specific anxieties felt by the Champenois in relation to the conditions at a specific harvest.

In recognition of the subtle differences between each annual non-vintage creation, Champagne Jacquesson number their non-vintage cuvée every year.

Jacquesson Cuvée 745 is based on the 2017 harvest with grapes originating from Ay, Dizy, Hautvillers (66%) and the rest from Avize and Oiry (34%). Winter and spring remained exceptionally dry with a mild start to the spring months. However, April saw destructive frost which ravaged the vineyards, particularly in the Côte des Blancs. The temperatures then rose nicely, and the weather remained good until the end of the growing season, which turned hotter and very wet.


Harvest began on the 4th of September and continued until the 13th. The grapes were rigorously sorted which led to low volumes of ripe and healthy grapes. The resulting wine is rich and dense and the cuvée was completed with some reserve wines.

Cuvée 745 is concentrated and powerful, while retaining great freshness and acidity. More open and immediately accessible versus the tighter 744, this new cuvée continues Jacquesson’s ground-breaking series in expressive, dynamic style.


Tight and tightly laced with some putty aromas. So savoury and mineral! Very distinctive. Should be long-lived. Admirably persistent. JANCIS ROBINSON Score 17. Drink 2022 - 2028