Philglas & Swiggot is looking to recruit an experienced full-time Store Manager with a strong background in premium wine retail to run its Marylebone store.
We are currently looking to expand our product and services offering at our Marylebone Store with a view to increasing corporate sales, direct private client sales and introducing an on-trade element, so we are looking for someone with ideas and experience in these areas that can have a central role in developing them. This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and driven candidate with a focus on the many small details that go into retail sales success.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative with a desire to help grow the Marylebone store as part of a dynamic team. You will also have excellent fine wine knowledge and extensive experience working in the London retail or on-trade environment. You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and talented team with access to some of the world’s best wines and discerning customers.
- Ensure the store achieves its monthly sales targets and inventory levels.
- Maximise sales revenue through customer focus, up-selling, telephone-sales, email sales, wine club case sales and events.
- Exceed customer expectations through ascertaining their needs using open questions, their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings and actively listening.
- Ensuring the store environment is always of the highest standard presentation standard.
- Develop relationships with the other retailers on New Quebec St to ensure the store is at the forefront of people’s minds in the area.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and motivated atmosphere.
- Generate purchase orders in conjunction with the Operations Manager to optimize the stock levels and range.
- Receiving deliveries, storing and replenishing stock and delivering customers’ orders to their homes or offices nearby.
- Answer and manage emails and calls from existing retail and corporate customers
- Provide a strong level of communication and escalating all potential issues when appropriate
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our product range and service offering and pass this onto the Assistant Sales Manager.
- Ability to work flexible hours both during the day and on weekends, and overtime on occasions as required.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- WSET Level 3 or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience managing a wine retail store and/or wine bar of > £500,000 annual turnover
- Comprehensive IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Online
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to influence and sell
- Exceptional levels of customers service
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
- Self-starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objectives
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them
- Ability to work on their own and within a small team
- Punctual and dedicated
PROBATION & REMUNERATION
The Marylebone Sales Manager role will be offered on a permanent full-time basis with an initial 3-month probation period.
The annual remuneration will be competitively matched with commensurate experience. A company bonus structure will also apply.
All interested applicants should email our operations manager Pieter Kruger at email@example.com and attach their resume with a brief note about themselves and why they would like to come and work for us.