Philglas & Swiggot is looking to recruit an experienced full-time Assistant Sales Manager with a strong background in premium wine retail to manage its Marylebone store.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative with a desire to help grow the Marylebone store as part of a dynamic team. They will also have good wine knowledge and experience working in the London retail environment. You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and talented team with access to some of the world’s best wines and discerning customers.
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will have good customer service experience with an eye for detail. You will be highly organized and will be sales focused with a background in providing excellent customer service. Experience in the on-trade is highly desirable, managing stock turnover as well as simple food service.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and driven candidate with a focus on the many small details that go into retail sales success. The role is offered on a permanent full-time basis.
- Work with the Sales Manager to ensure the store achieves its monthly sales targets and inventory levels.
- Maximise sales revenue through customer focus, up-selling, telephone-sales, email sales, wine club case sales and events.
- Exceed customer expectations through ascertaining their needs using open questions, their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings and actively listening.
- Ensuring the store environment is always of the highest standard presentation standard.
- Develop relationships with the other retailers on New Quebec St to ensure the store is at the forefront of people’s minds in the area.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and motivated atmosphere.
- Receiving deliveries, storing and replenishing stock and delivering customers’ orders to their homes or offices nearby.
- Answer and manage emails and calls from existing retail and corporate customers
- Provide a strong level of communication and escalating all potential issues when appropriate
- Develop an excellent understanding of our product range and service offering
- Ability to work flexible hours both during the day and on weekends, and overtime on occasions as required.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Educated to A Level (or equivalent) or above
- WSET Level 3 or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience managing a wine retail store and/or wine bar of > £500,000 annual turnover
- Comprehensive IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Online
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to influence and sell
- Exceptional levels of customers service
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
- Self-starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objectives
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them
- Ability to work on their own and within a small team
- Punctual and dedicated
PROBATION & REMUNERATION
The Marylebone Assistant Sales Manager role will be offered on a permanent full-time basis with an initial 3-month probation period.
The annual remuneration will be competitively matched with commensurate experience. A company bonus structure will also apply.
All interested applicants should email our operations manager Pieter Kruger at email@example.com and attach their resume with a brief note about themselves and why they would like to come and work for us.